You know that side dish you always make because it’s just so dang delicious and it makes too much for you to eat by yourself? Well, this pasta salad is that dish for me. I got this recipe from a friend years ago and it’s my go-to pasta salad. My family and friends probably get tired of me bringing this pasta salad to everything but I just can’t resist.
The best part about this pasta salad is you can customize it with any veggies you like. Personally, I always put in a red or yellow pepper, tomatoes, and mushrooms. Not everybody likes mushrooms but I leave them big enough they can be easily picked out. I’ve also had people tell me they added white onion, green peppers, and cucumbers.
I’ve found that bowtie pasta works best for this recipe. I’ve tried a few others but always go back to bowtie.
To mix the dressing, ideally you’ll have a mason jar you can shake it up in. I’ve also used a tupperware container. Stirring will work if you have nothing else but shaking is really the best way to get everything combined.
This dish is perfect to bring along to a summer bbq with friends or just to make on a Sunday and eat leftovers all week.
- 16 oz. bowtie pasta
- ¾ C olive oil
- ¾ C sugar
- ¾ C apple cider vinegar
- ½ T pepper
- ½ T parsley flakes
- ½ T garlic powder
- ½ T salt
- Diced veggies of your choice (e.g., tomatoes, bell peppers, mushrooms, onions, cucumbers)
- Cook and drain the pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, mix all other ingredients in a mason jar or something else with a secure lid.
- Shake until thoroughly combined.
- Pour the dressing over the cooked pasta.
- Stir in the diced veggies of your choice.
- Refrigerate until you're ready to enjoy.